Android Developer, Online Retailer. Sign-on bonus: $1000
About the vacancy
We offer a $1000 sign-on bonus to the specialist that will accept our offer and join DataArt in this position. $1000 will be included in the first salary.
Our client is a large online retailer with yearly revenue of £1 billion. We have a long history of relationships and over the years have helped this customer to maintain and develop a data warehouse (data sourcing, ELT, and business intelligence), web portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, etc.
DataArt provides consultation and development of the software for the client in both areas of their activities: online sales with analytics and the creation of the cross-functional retail platform.
The Android developer we are looking for will join the mobile team that will work on rewriting the existing version of the online grocery store. It is going to be a brand new team, we have just started to recruit new colleagues. We plan to hire 3 Android + 3 iOS Engineers.
- Experience and maturity - there is no clear process to follow, we expect you to define, prioritize, and estimate tasks
- Extensive knowledge of the Android SDK
- Working knowledge of Kotlin
- Passion for and understanding of automated testing
- Spoken English
Would be a plus
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Dagger, MVVM, Espresso (for UI testing), Gitlab CI, and Retrofit would be an advantage
- An understanding and some experience of Agile software development
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of iOS or backend Java development will be an asset
- Exposure to Reactive programming paradigms
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment