Platform Engineer, Online Retailer
About the vacancy
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide. DataArt specialists help develop and support its services. We have helped the company to create web-portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more.
Modern IT-systems have allowed the company to increase the amount of its customers to over half a million. Retail provides a yearly profit of around £1 billion. But our client is determined to earn even more by reselling the technological tools that have led them to their success.
Based on the new IT-infrastructure and the experience of its modifications, the company is working on developing a cross functional system that will be able to fit the interests of other companies that are interested in acquiring such systems. DataArt provides consultation and development of the software for the client in both areas of their activities: online sales and creation of the cross functional retail platform.
The specialist we are looking for will join a team that is responsible for building an internal cloud that will power the client's automated warehouses. The task of the project is to set up automatic deployment, builds, and to configure the platform so that it is a fully functioning system. This system must be maintainable, upgradeable, and supported in order to avoid the need to touch it during deployments and regular operation.
- Deep knowledge of Linux based systems.
- Understanding of at least one of the following technologies: Ubuntu/Debian, Openstack, Ceph, Docker/K8s, Linux Scripting (Shell, Python)
- Understanding of TCP/IP and IP networking
- Experience in or understanding of supporting a 24x7 operation
- Desire to create products that aspire to achieve zero support efforts
- Desire to work with open source technologies; in touch with industry/market developments and standard methodologies
- Self-starter, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good spoken English
Would be a plus
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or another related technical field
- Experience of a server build and configuration management system (e.g Puppet)
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, or SRE patterns
- Understanding of system security
- Experience of performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience of capacity planning
- Experience of service monitoring
- Understanding of core network services (i.e. DNS, DHCP, BGP, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, EC2) and/or Google Cloud Platform (App Engine, Compute Engine, Cloud Storage)
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment