Cloud Engineer with AWS, Online Retailer. Sign-on bonus: $1000
About the vacancy
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £1 billion. We have a long history of relationships and over the years have helped the client to develop web-portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more. The systems we’ve built together work in production 24/7, contributing to client’s success.
We are searchcing for a cloud engineer that will be participating effectively in all stages of systems development life cycle, assisting all team leaders to ensure projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule. The specialist will be working closely with Team Leader on issues related to requirements and design, mentoring colleagues and take an active role in their development.
The Cloud Engineer may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
The main purpose of this role is to work with cloud service providers to provision services, manage accounts, establish best practices, and drive efficiency. Develop the guiding principles, processes, tools, and automation that will enable development teams to transition to cloud services unimpeded. Define and develop processes for building and managing high availability, fault-tolerance, auto-scaling, disaster recovery, data security, monitoring, performance tuning, capacity planning, and billing.
- Requirements analysis
- Software and data design
- Operating system automation (scripting/coding)
- Software construction (coding)
- Deployment of production-ready code
- Maintenance and support of existing infrastructure systems
- Investigation and resolution of production issues
- Performance tuning
- Code review and change control
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Research, development & optimisation
- Knowledge of and recent experience of cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (ECS, EKS, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, LoadBalancers, ASG, RDS, EC2, VPCs and VPNs, Cloudtrail)
- Demonstrable Java or Python programming ability with an in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience with any tool allowing infrastructure as a code approach (Ansible, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment
- Understanding of databases
- Understanding of operating systems, orchestration and deployment automatization
- Understanding the DevOps culture and its basic concepts, such as source control management tools, continuous integration / continuous delivery, deployment strategies.
- Technical Excellence: demonstrates intellectual rigor, possesses relevant abilities & is able to pick up new skills quickly
- Communication & Impact: strong verbal and written communication in English and Polish
Would be a plus
- Technology or similar technical degree
- Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Proven ability to tackle challenging projects
- Masters or other postgraduate qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment