Embedded Software Engineer, Communications Services
About the vacancy
Our client is a global provider of testing, analytics, and security solutions for the telecommunications sector.
DataArt’s specialists are helping to develop an analytical solution which tracks transactions that determine the quality of customer experience with network service providers (QoE). From these transactions, key indicators are displayed, such as radio frequency performance, base signal speed, and service performance (VoLTE, SMS). All metrics are combined into the final QoE estimates, which are used to determine hot spots and help localize and solve service quality problems.
The main responsibilities are designing, implementing, and verifying new features in the test agent embedded software products of the client’s solution. These software products need to operate with real-time performance in various container and virtual machine environments, and they fit into the client’s architecture via REST APIs.
The project uses Jenkins for Continuous Integration, Jira for issue tracking, and Git for source control.
- Analyze, design, and implement new features as defined by the product owners.
- Follow test-driven development and ensure code coverage of modules is maintained.
- Plan and automate the testing of new features, including behavioral testing using frameworks like Cucumber/JVM.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues for live releases of the product.
- Assist with developing content for training modules for new releases of the product.
- Participate as a member of a SCRUM team
- Experience developing embedded, real-time, Ethernet packet processing software.
- Experience with tuning and using real-time environments like low-latency Linux, DPDK, Open Dataplane, netmap, Snabb, or libmoon.
- Experience with Virtualized Network Function (VNF) development: Infrastructure (NFVI) elements, OpenStack, VXLAN, Open vSwitch, specialized NICs and whitebox environments, network driver selection and tuning, and software packaging technologies like containers and virtual machines.
- Knowledge of Ethernet testing related protocols and standards such as RFC 6349, ITU-T Y.1564, and RFC 5357.
- Experience translating customer use cases and requirements into design.
- Experience in developing test automation using frameworks such as Jenkins, CxxUnit, and Cucumber-JVM.
- Experience with code coverage tools (Clover).
- Understanding of programming languages and tools including C/C++ and Lua.
- Understanding of REST principles and APIs.
- Skilled in scripting languages including python and bash.
- Understanding of OOD/OOP
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM and test-driven development processes.
- Communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Spoken English
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment