Senior Data Engineer, Online Retailer. Sign-on bonus: $1000
About the vacancy
We offer a $1000 sign-on bonus to the specialist that will accept our offer and join DataArt in this position. $1000 will be included in the first salary.
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide. DataArt specialists help develop and support its services. We have helped the company to create web-portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more.
Modern IT-systems have allowed the company to increase the amount of its customers to over half a million. Retail provides a yearly profit of around £1 billion. But our client is determined to earn even more by reselling the technological tools that have led them to their success.
Based on the new IT-infrastructure and the experience of its modifications, the company is working on developing a cross functional system that will be able to fit the interests of other companies that are interested in acquiring such systems. DataArt provides consultation and development of the software for the client in both areas of their activities: online sales and creation of the cross functional retail platform.
Our team has 5 developers (1 in Lublin and 4 in Wroclaw) and 1 PM (UK) on DataArt’s side + 3 developers and 2 managers on the client-side (UK).
As a Data Platform Engineer, you will be part of a team that researches, designs and maintains an automated cloud computing service model (DBaaS) on clients Infrastructure platform.
The candidate will be working primarily with Cassandra databases running on both private and public cloud infrastructures. We want you to possess a passion for automation.
Tech stack and Infrastructure: Google Cloud: BigQuery (Legacy and Standart SQL), Storage, Composer (Apache Airflow, Python 3.6).
- Developing and supporting services that provide for the deployment and management of relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Providing tools for monitoring, managing, alerting, and improving customer database performance
- Developing and implementing automated processes that ensure the uninterrupted updating and correction of database vulnerabilities
- Publishing documentation that enables a smooth transition of database services from the build and development phase to production support
- Providing consultations, training, and mentoring for the development team
- Active participation in upgrading systems
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Support for production systems, must be prepared for regular on-call duty
- Your experience and maturity - there is no clear process to follow, we expect you to define prioritize, and estimate tasks
- Database best engineering practices
- Expertise in writing SQL (preferably BigQuery: Legacy and Standart SQL)
- Data structuring and design skills (preferably data warehousing), experience in designing ETL processes
- Good spoken English
Would be a plus
- Experience with public clouds
- Java or Python programming skills
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment