Big Data Engineer With Scala Skills, Banking Apps
About the vacancy
Our client is a British bank, one of the largest finance companies in the world. It was founded three centuries ago, and today its assets are estimated at trillions of US dollars.
Its technical support has become more complex and expensive due to the expansion of their product line and growth of their customer base. The development of technologies has led to a growth in customer expectations for banking apps as well as the automatization of bank account interactions. Therefore, it became clear that all the IT systems of our client needed an upgrade. Now they have been improved in accordance with modern technologies, and the user interfaces of the apps have been modernized as well; the DataArt team is now working on closer integration of the apps. An incredible amount of paperwork with which the specialists of the bank are engaged is being automated and transferred to an electronic format.
DataArt's experts partnered with developers on the client's side to create new banking apps and upgrade the old ones. In particular, there is a customer client portal project, which aggregates all user information and allows users to switch easily between the various banking products. Also, we are developing a system for storing client data and applications designed for easy car loans, issuing of bank cards, and account registration. Currently, there are also some other products at the design stage.
Working in this project will provide you an opportunity to participate in the technological modernization of a large financial institution, creating a product that will have millions of users, and obtain relevant experience in Agile software development.
- In-depth understanding of the general principles of Big Data
- Experience with distributed systems
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop/Spark
- Proficiency in Scala
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Familiarity with BigData solutions
- Good spoken English
Would be a plus
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SAS Macro development
- Previous experience working with projects in financial services domain
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment