Java Developer, Web System
About the vacancy
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £2+ billion. Built to change the nature of grocery ecommerce globally, our custom-designed solutions are uniquely capable of meeting the complex and developing expectations of shoppers, while driving better productivity, greater flexibility, and higher margins for grocery retailers online.
The goal of the project is to keep the Web system reliable and resilient, reducing risks, improving performance to deliver the best UX for customers. We also aim to make the platform compliant to industry standards, while developing new features.
The candidate will join a new project in a fast-paced Agile team. Among the main responsibilities are the development of new features, requirements analysis, and applying the best IT practices as part of their daily routine.
Cross-team support within the project:
• Java 11 migrations (to be confirmed, most services seem to be already migrated)
• RDS migration: migration of version of Postgres in AWS RDS for several of our microservices
• Migration of internal frameworks: Spring Boot, AWS client libraries, security updates, etc.
• Data migration: new retailers coming to our platform may need to have their data in their current production systems migrated to the OSP services
• Work with the SRE team to ensure support and update dependencies of services that don’t change often. Some of these services are in the area of “Customer Audit” or “Right to be forgotten”.
We hire people not for a project but for the company. If the project (or your work on it) is over you go to another project or to a paid “Idle”.
- Follow the current application infrastructure and propose modifications to it
- Define and register best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Migrate our infrastructure with zero downtime to a highly available, scalable one
- Build up a monitoring stack
- Define service capacity planning strategies
- Implement the application’s CI/CD pipeline using the AWS CI/CD stack
- 4+ years of production experience in Java
- Experience with AWS services: SQS, SNS, Lambda, ECS, RDS, Kinesis
- Experience in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment
- Solid knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot
- Knowledge of SRE practices
- Experience working with databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Web service development experience with REST
- Experience in using Gradle or Maven, Git, Gitlab
- In-depth understanding of software development principles like Clean Code and SOLID principals
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of English
Would be a plus
- Experience with Spring Security, Spring Cloud AWS, Spring Cloud Netflix
- Experience with OracleDB and Elasticsearch
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment