Senior Java Engineer, Online Retailer
About the vacancy
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with annual revenue of £1 billion. Over the years we helped the client develop web-portals, mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage, and much more. The systems we’ve built together are in operation 24/7, contributing to the client’s success.
The goal of the project is to create a modern product and supplier management system for an online retailer from the ground up. The system will focus on scalability to be able to manage an ever-expanding range of thousands of products sold in their online shop over multiple geographies, with composability and flexibility, data consistency as a master data system, usability, and lower operational costs.
The Senior Java Engineer will join a new project in a fast-paced Agile team. Among the main responsibilities are the development of new features, requirements analysis, and applying the best IT practices as part of their daily routine.
- 5+ years of production experience in Java
- Experience in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment
- Solid knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases
- Experience in using Gradle or Maven, Git, Gitlab
- Excellent knowledge of English
Would be a plus
- Experience with Spring Security, Spring Cloud AWS, Spring Cloud Netflix
- Experience with AWS services: SQS, SNS, Lambda, ECS, RDS, Kinesis
- Experience with OracleDB and Elasticsearch.
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment