Java Developer, Social Networking Platform
About the vacancy
Our client develops and maintains a social platform that allows users to join interest groups. Group members can meet online and offline as well as schedule meetings. The application integrates with several payment systems, mail services, and calendars. Currently it has been used by more than 13 million people from 200 countries. The company's headquarters are in New York.
DataArt specialists work closely with a client's in-house team to upgrade the platform, reduce technical debt by standardizing application components and services, and to improve product security by implementing best practices.
Application technology stack:
• Programming languages: Java 8, Scala 2.11, Python 2.5 (Jython)
• Servlet containers: Tomcat 7, Jetty
• MVC: Struts + JSP/Handlebars
• Database: AWS Aurora (MySQL)
• Dependency Injection: Spring Core 5.2
• CI/CD: Jenkins, Travis, GitHub Actions
- Excellent knowledge of Java.
- Experience working with databases (MySQL).
- Experience working with Unix (MacOS or Linux).
- Experience working with Version Control Systems (Git).
- Knowledge of OOP, OOD and design patterns.
- Experience using Continuous Integration systems.
- Experience maintaining project documentation.
- Good spoken English.
Would be a plus
- Knowledge of Scala, Python.
- Experience deploying applications in the cloud (AWS).
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment