Java Engineer, Internal Security Solution. Sign-on bonus: $1000
About the vacancy
We offer a $1000 sign-on bonus to the specialist that will accept our offer and join DataArt in this position. $1000 will be included in the first salary.
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £1 billion. We have a long history of relationships and over the years have helped the client to develop web-portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more. The systems we’ve built together work in production 24/7, contributing to client’s success.
We are looking for a Java Engineer to join the team that will extend support and maintenance of the key internal security product. The product consists of the main service and a group of supporting applications.
Together with a team, you will be working on a service for user authentication and the verification of entitlements to perform specific actions in application components. The product implements industry-leading security standards and protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and SAML.
A wide range of domain applications within the retail industry relies on the product as a backbone of role-based access and identity management.
— Technologies used in the project:
• Java 8, Java 11 for satellite projects
• Spring Framework 5
• JUnit 5. The tests cover the entirety of supported features
— The applications are deployed to:
•AWS ECS and use services such as SQS, SNS, S3, and ElastiCache
• Kubernetes with Istio extensions for a few satellite components
• The web user interface presents a tiny fraction of the product’s features and consists of a simple login page (JSP) and a few create/read/update/delete screens.
- Support of applications during business hours and out of hours.
- Analysis of changes in requirements and software, data design.
- Software construction (coding).
- Deployment of production-ready code.
- Investigation and resolution of production issues.
- Performance tuning.
- Review and change control.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Analyze and improve the availability, latency, performance, and efficiency of the product.
- Improvement of the monitoring and alerting of the applications using tools such as PagerDuty and New Relic.
- Identification and reduction of manual work through automation.
- Consulting peer developers regarding best security practices relevant for product’s features. For example, advise on the best-suited authorization flow.
- Onboarding support for the internal teams that are getting started with the product.
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 integration using multiple grant types.
- Strong interest in modern authentication and authorization practices, protocols, and standards.
- Solid Java programming skills with an in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques.
- Experience in the full Software Development Life Cycle from design to deployment to maintenance.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and fixing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with CI-systems (GitLab CI, TeamCity, Jenkins).
- Spoken English.
Would be a plus
- Expertise in application security analysis.
- Basic knowledge of running web services at scale.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Experience in building RFC-compliant implementations.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience administering/using monitoring systems (New Relic).
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment