Middle Java Developer, Trading Solutions; Sign-on bonus: $1000
About the vacancy
We offer a $1000 sign-on bonus to the specialist that will accept our offer and join DataArt in this position.
DataArt's new client is one of the leaders in the online trading and finance domain.
They've been working in this industry since 2003, providing trading and investment services to clients worldwide. The headquarters of the company is located in London.
Our team is helping the client to replace the trading platform middleware with a brand-new micro-services architecture.
By joining this greenfield project, your role will be to help with the migration from obsolete technologies and hardware, resulting in a highly resilient system.
You will be working in a flexible and dynamic Agile team.
The technologies that are used are Java, Spring Boot, microservices, and Git.
We hire people not to a project, but to the company. If the project (or your work in it) is over, you go to another project or to a paid “Idle”.
- Help with the replacement of the trading’s platform middleware with a brand-new micro-services architecture
- Deliver high availability and performance
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Keep your team lead informed on how work is progressing
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8+
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience working with DBMS using object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Experience using test-driven development (TDD) and behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Experience with real time programming and real time data distribution
- Experience developing high performance, low latency, resilient server applications
- Experience with version control systems (Git or similar)
- Great communication skills
- Team player with initiative and a results-oriented attitude, a good sense for quality
- Extensive analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced team worker in SCRUM teams
- Spoken English
Would be a plus
- Experience developing using Java 11+
- Experience with Event Sourcing and CQRS
- Skills in building RESTful applications
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience using JMS and ActiveMQ
- Experience with Reuters Market Data System, Reuters RFA, and TREP
- Knowledge of and experience with Lightstreamer
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment