Java Engineer, Online Retailer
About the vacancy
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £1 billion. We have a long history of relationships and over the years have helped the client to develop web-portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage and much more. The systems we’ve built together work in production 24/7. DataArt provides consultation and development of the software for the client in both areas of their activities: online sales and creation of the cross-functional retail platform.
The team develops and maintains systems responsible for managing the release and movement of customer totes through the system and on to the trailers/vans for delivery to customers.
The codebase is a mix of Java 6 + JMS for supporting existing systems and Java 11 + RESTful API for brand new systems. As a database it is used Oracle DBMS.
The main focus of the project is currently the writing of intelligent systems to integrate the Customer fulfillment center with a platform for operating online grocery businesses. The team consists of 6 developers (3 in Ukraine and 3 in the UK) and uses the Kanban approach for delivering the software.
- Java programming skills
- Good understanding of data structures
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience implementing a new scalable architecture
- Experience implementing good testing practices like TDD and BDD
- Proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
Would be a plus
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment