Java Developer, Online Retailer
About the vacancy
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £1 billion. Built to change the nature of grocery ecommerce globally, our custom-designed solutions are uniquely capable of meeting the complex and developing expectations of shoppers, while driving better productivity, greater flexibility, and higher margins for grocery retailers online.
We are looking for engineering talents to reinforce our 200+ people team from Great Britain, Poland, Bulgaria, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Armenia, and Georgia. Our team is developing solutions in e-commerce, robotics, warehouse automatization, and mobile domains. We use modern approaches, such as microservices, clouds, and SRE.
The client owns five unique services within the Product domain, keeping product information for their customers across stores, regions, and banners. They provide the integration layer between eCommerce services and the supply chain systems that allow determining product availability for their customers. The company seeks to inspire end customers whilst providing a sustainable and scalable solution for their platform, which supports the sale of groceries by retailers around the globe.
The project is a unique scaling challenge to support mission-critical systems and meet data needs of large clients, while providing a rich customer experience.
- Development experience using Java 8+ (code is in Java 11)
- AWS Integrations, such as with S3, SQS / SNS, and RDS
- RESTful services & API development"
- AWS Gateway
- Netflix Hollow
- Spoken English
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment