Senior Node.js Engineer, Educational Platform
About the vacancy
DataArt’s new client is a UK-based company, which works in the EdTech domain. Their main product is a well-known Learning Management System, designed to be a flexible training and education solution for other businesses. The main task of DataArt’s team will be to take over the entire development cycle from business analysis and testing to development and infrastructure. This is an already existing application with an extensive code base and it will be necessary for our specialists to sort it out.
We will start with a small team that is expected to grow, so the first person will have a chance to take a lead role.
The technology stack is GraphQL, AWS, and PostgreSQL.
The processes are based on Agile development principles (Scrum, Kanban).
We hire people not to a project, but to the company. If the project (or your work in it) is over, you go to another project or to a paid “Idle”.
- 4+ years’ experience with the Node.js platform
- Knowledge of ES6, TypeScript
- Understanding of the basic design patterns
- Experience with GraphQL
- Basic understanding of how to build client-server systems
- Experience in unit testing and TDD
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Working experience with PostgreSQL
- Skills in working with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with REST Endpoints
- Good English
Would be a plus
- Experience with AWS
- Expirience with AWS Lambda
- Experience with React.js
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment