Fullstack (React.js+Node.js) Developer, Educational Chatbot
About the vacancy
Our client is an American company that operates in the education field. The project is a chatbot that is installed on the sites of educational institutions. The goal is to provide information and reference services to students of educational institutions. The chatbot is controlled by AI based on IBM Watson.
DataArt specialists are helping the client to develop new and maintain the existing functionality. The environment is deployed with Docker on AWS ECS. AWS CloudFormation is used to automate infrastructure management. Image builds, code verification, and the running of tests are performed in CircleCI.
The project uses Gitflow for pull requests, code reviews, unit tests (the functionality is partially covered), and manual testing.
The processes are arranged according to the Agile principle (Scrum) with 2-week sprints, retrospectives, planning, and calls with the team. The team is distributed and works remotely.
Note that we hire specialists not to the project, but to the company. If the project is over, or you become uncomfortable in it, you can discuss a transition to another project.
- 5+ years of frontend development experience using React.js
- 2+ years of experience with backend development
- Experience developing web-based software products using Node.JS
- Experience with Git
- Skills with reusable components
- Skills with automated testing and performance testing
- Knowledge of JS architecture practices
- Understanding of OOP and SOLID principles
- Understanding of web development paradigms (RESTful APIs, pub/sub, security)
- Experience with the development of performant and scalable applications
- Good Spoken English
Would be a plus
- Understanding of Progressive Web Apps and Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Experience with some of the following: CSS-preprocessors (LESS, SASS), Docker, WebSockets, MQTT
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment