Ruby on Rails Developer, Hotel Booking App
About the vacancy
Our client occupies a leading position in the online reservation booking market, including “hot” hotel offers in America and Europe. The project we are working on has been designed with spontaneous solutions in mind, i.e. when a traveler figures out where they want to stay on the spot or shortly before the trip. The user sees a short list of specially selected offers - 10-15 hotels from several categories: from expensive to affordable.
DataArt’s specialists are currently working on the systems that process tens of thousands of requests per day with 99.99% uptime for an internal set of tools to increase product competitiveness and conversion.
Core technologies used: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Kafka.
- 3+ years of Ruby development experience
- Experience working with Rails, RSpec
- Experience deploying Rails applications
- Experience working with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience working with the TDD/BDD
- Knowledge of GIT
- Good spoken English
Would be a plus
- Skills working with AWS
- Experience designing and using REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience working with Sinatra, Padrino, Hanami, etc.
- Experience working with Docker and Terraform
- Experience working with Newrelic, Bugsnag, Datadog, etc.
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment