Scala Developer, Online Retailer
About the vacancy
Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide. Over the years we’ve helped the client develop web-portals, mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage, and much more. The systems we’ve built together are in operation 24/7, contributing to the client’s success.
The project is about developing and maintaining of a warehouse system that prepares, packs, and sends ordered goods to end customers with minimal human input. The system distributes and optimizes orders, so they are optimally packed by warehouse workers or fetched by robots from the warehouse. The system prints bar codes on items, bags, vans, etc. so people have enough information regarding what they should do with it. At every station there is an enhanced barcode scanner (RF Gun) that helps the workers. There are multiple background processes that increase the whole flow. At the end of the process, the items are packed into a van and delivered to the customers. The system consists of several microservices that mainly communicate over an ActiveMQ broker.
The Scala Developer that we are searching for will be responsible for the development of new features, maintaining the current system, solving current issues on the production side (finding out why something wasn’t executed), and developing new and fixing existing functionality.
Apart from maintaining the existing system, a new application is being developed from scratch. It’s a gateway that maps and enriches requests from other systems into GM WMS, enables them be processed, and responds to the sender. We have influence over this project allowing us a free choice of technologies, libraries, etc. All architectural decisions are taken by us after discussion with the product owners. There are some change requests from people working in warehouses that have to be developed, but those providing the requests are flexible, smart, and have some technical understanding.
- Good experience working with Scala 2.12, Java 8
- Knowledge of Scala Cats, Slick, and Play frameworks
- Experience working with databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Knowledge of BigQuery, Spring, Hibernate, and React
- Knowledge of Slick, Squeryl Docker, ELK, and Linux.
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment