About the vacancy
DataArt is a global software engineering firm. With over 20 years of experience, teams of highly-trained engineers around the world, deep industry sector knowledge, and ongoing technology research, we help clients create custom software that improves their operations and opens new markets. DataArt started out as a company of friends and has a special culture that distinguishes it from other IT outsourcers, such as:
- Flat structure. There are no “bosses” and “subordinates”.
- We hire people not to a project, but to the company. If the project (or your work in it) is over, you go to another project or to a paid “Idle”.
- Flexible schedule, ability to change projects, to work from home, to try yourself in different roles.
- Minimal bureaucracy and micromanagement, convenient corporate services.
- Structure and drive conversations with client stakeholders to understand business needs and requirements, conduct audits of client systems, elicit business requirements for system architecture
- Propose appropriate solutions in ambiguous/early-stage situations, estimate scope and budget for the proposed system
- Transform business requirements into technical requirements.
- Plan, design and implement IT solutions
- Document technical and functional requirements
- Communicate requirements and specifications to a project team, guide the team during the implementation stage, control and review processes and code
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development
- Experience in team leadership and/or project management is an advantage
- Able to define high-level solutions and system architectures and understand how various components of the architecture interact
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders, understand businesses pain points, requirements and translate these into winning solutions
- Strong understanding of information systems, key technologies and limitations
- Experience with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments across various domains
- Able to analyze other developers code using basic reverse engineering techniques
- Experience in conducting code reviews
- Experienced in understanding and documenting functional and technical requirements, able to create and deliver compelling presentations
- Ability to communicate technical requirements and transfer knowledge to a project team, communicate effectively with project managers and team leaders, with the ability to guide and coach team members in developing technical solutions
- Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good spoken English
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment